My Life Journal

Jon Tan. Born: April 1976. Reborned: June 2004 in the mighty name "Jesus of Nazereth". Serving God wholeheartedly. Love you as much as how God loves you when He send His one and only son to the cross.

Monday, May 30, 2005

SUPER WEEKEND!

What a wonderful weekend it has been!

For those who are not aware, Jon has started his “Lunch Fasting” since Thursday as an act of devotion to our God and Father of Lord Jesus Christ before the actual church camp in mid June to prepare my heart for SPIRITUAL BREAKTHROUGH! Never did I realize that the moment I take this leap of faith, God is also quick to declare His love for me as well.

FRIDAY
Had a unit gathering instead of the usual CG. Was very glad to see a dear sister, Priscilla sharing testimony on how she was invited to serve God via the CG more earnestly. It was wonderful to see how INK’s CG grew spiritually as I still remembered during one of our lunch prayer meet, we were praying for God’s hands on them. Though the testimony was a little draggy, but it was really cool as she spoke from her usual self and that counts! Brought a little memory of myself when I was sharing my own testimony… Yes, there was something I am missing now… The little “spark” in Christ seems dimmer now as I took my eyes away from the LIGHT…

Anyway, the video clip on Hope Johannesburg also inspired me. The kind of passion from those African’s eyes was the exact tonic to generate the spark in me. Yes, it really brought me back onto the spiritual pedal as I realized that there were still many things undone yet… If the Africans could serve God without having anything, what about us living in such a comfort zone with so much luxury things around us… It’s really a shame that most Christian in Singapore even grumbled that they are not “READY” to serve God yet…

Saturday
Great day of rest as I woke up at 10am, took my breakfast, watched TV and got back to bed again until 4pm… Wonderful! It’s been a while I could be LAZY for a day as normally I have football game on Sat afternoons. Was woken up by SG actually as we supposed to meet up at East Coast for blading… Woohooo! It’s been a long while since I have bladed… Anyway, the actual term for blading is called Inline Skating, folks! Met up Karen and SG at around 5pm and started skating from Mac to Fort Rd, then to Mac for a break, then to Bedok Jetty and back to Mac for dinner…

However I wasn’t realized that God is so faithful as what supposed to be a casual skating session became a very nourishing spiritual session as we discussed a lot of spiritual stuffs along the journey that were very fruitful. In fact the break at Mac was unusually long one as we went into some in-depth discussions on church, CG, people relationships and life… I knew from my heart that this was another Divine Arrangement that God pre-planned as Karen and SG “enlightened” me on couple of things which were dwelling in me a while ago… well I guess you guys would know what it was if you have been following my blog.

After skating, we also had a very long dinner as we continued our spiritual discussions and it really impressed me to see how far SG has come along spiritually as he shared about his knowledge on the history of “Jerusalem” – as we hit the topic on the movie “Kingdom Of Heaven”. It’s a good show to watch, if you haven’t…

Well, end my day on a high note as I spent the rest of my night with God to follow through on the spiritual high I had… Thank God, I am now very focus on what I’m looking for during this Church Camp (Have you?). Dear God, please continue to crystallize my vision on you!

SUNDAY
What a great service yet again. Topic: Commitment To The Local Church

Needless to say much, I just felt that God is again at the Centre Of My Life, as He knew exactly what I was going through. Just when my faith was wavering over all the things around me, in church and in CG, this sermon specifically talked about how important everyone is to CG and then to the Church. In fact, we had a CG Pledge and the sermon managed to touch on almost everything I wished to know. I really hoped that everyone listening would be re-charged into serving God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ again.

However it wasn’t the end on my spiritual “replenishment” yet. I met up Elaine (our UL), Doreen (a German friend) and Obina (a Nigerian friend) for dinner this evening. Obina (hope I spelled correctly) is a member from YWAM ( Youth With A Mission – A Missionary Organization which send people out for missionary training) and he is here in Singapore for a few months training on missionary. This guy, only 20, speaks fluent English and he inspired me inside out through his several powerful testimonies about FAITH… Oh God! What a timely intervention by your Mighty Hands as I felt my faltering faith REBORNED again!

To sum it all, “If there is any problem in life, its not a problem after all in God’s eyes.” Your job is simply do according to His calling and then leave your eyes open to see how God unfolds His plans to you.

Amen!

3 Comments:

At 31 May, 2005 09:45, Blogger Merv Kwok said...

great to hear u had a good weekend bro :)
hope God continues to bless u spiritually, mentally, physically.

 
At 31 May, 2005 10:40, Blogger Prisca said...

Hey bro... I am delighted to read that you had a great weekend too. And this blog entry of yours is encouraging to me right now.. I can say I am at spiritual low at the moment, that's why it's great reading this entry of yours.

May your walk with God be even closer than before and may your walk always be an encouragement to others..

 
At 12 June, 2005 20:37, Blogger Jon Tan said...

Merv - thanks for ur prayer. God has been merciful towards me. Im very blessed, and may u received His Grace as well! Amen.

Pris - Kindda surprised to hear of your confession, i hope that by now, you should be feeling better. I hope this blog could continue to give you and others spiritual encouragements always! May God bless you. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home