My Life Journal

Jon Tan. Born: April 1976. Reborned: June 2004 in the mighty name "Jesus of Nazereth". Serving God wholeheartedly. Love you as much as how God loves you when He send His one and only son to the cross.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Birthday "Ang Pau" From Our Kind Government

Guess the only thing I feel good about the whole damn national service thingy is after NS. Though we have to do reservist every year, we have a chance to get “bonus” from the people who tax us over our lives!

Finally I realized the trick of taking advantage of the New IPPT “Birthday” windows. I did my last IPPT on the last 2 days of my birthday. Good news is I passed and got $100 for Bronze. Bad news is I blew away $100 by 6 seconds. Yes, 6 bloody seconds.

The timing for silver is 11 min 20 sec, I managed 11 min 26 sec… 6 secs for $100, I didn’t know my time could be so expensive! Haha… whoever wants to ask me for coffee next time think twice… can u afford my time? =p

I was thinking of doing the re-test the next day on the 28th of April, last day before my birthday on 29th, but realized my full body is aching… so there goes my $100. Just as I was feeling shit… I realized that I can get back additional $200 from the Government again! I was told to go back the following week after my birthday to clear the IPPT test for the “new” window. Great! It means if I am able to get silver this time, I am able to get $100 + $200 within this 2 weeks!

That means I will be $300 richer! My birthday “Ang Pau” from our kind Government! Come think about it, the money is just enough to earn back the fees I have paid to attend the church camp in June! Thank God. Now it just seems like the church calendars really evolve around my life yet again! Haha.

Ok, this week will start training my muscles and jogging to get back my shape! Anyone is keen to do jogging with me? ;p

2 Comments:

At 09 May, 2005 23:44, Blogger Prisca said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Bro!! Sorry, didn't wish you on the actual day. But here's my well wishes for you:

1. That the Good Lord will continue to bless you abundantly as you grow in his love
2. That your business will continue to prosper..
3. That the Lord will reveal your 'Honey' to you soon..after making lots of money (Cos U always say no money no honey..) *grins*

Sheng Ri Kwai Le...!!

 
At 10 May, 2005 22:45, Blogger Jon Tan said...

Thank you!!!

In fact, I dun really celebrate birthday... so didn't really tell others about it.

Indeed this year is a quiet one as I changed new CG, hence even lesser people knew it. Even for the old CG, it is becoz there is this Sis's (Sandra) friend's birthday falls on the same day as mine... and she managed to tell some guys like TY, JM, Karen and the rest... =)

Anyway thanks for your blessings! I am really VERY BLESSED... :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home