My Life Journal

Jon Tan. Born: April 1976. Reborned: June 2004 in the mighty name "Jesus of Nazereth". Serving God wholeheartedly. Love you as much as how God loves you when He send His one and only son to the cross.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

FTP AGAIN!

Yesterday was another miserable night with the ftp download again. Someone recommended me “CuteDownload” as this time round I needed to download 2 x 20MB files from my UK supplier. It turned out to be “Sux-Big-Time-Download”. Messed around with downloading the program alone took me the whole night, managed to try downloading the first file for almost 1 hour before the ftp went “bizarre”. The ftp folder suddenly went missing??? The folder became empty. WHATSUP?! It was already past 12am… My client needed those files first thing next morning.

Called up my UK supplier at our 12 plus am, which to them was around 4 plus pm. My UK counterpart suggested to email the 2 x 20MB files to me!? Out of “Desperation”, I obliged. Half an hour later, he called to tell me the emails bounced back! “…#@*%…”

Lastly he decided to give me via the old link that I managed to download a file the other day. It took me slightly more than 1 hour per file. What I did – slept through that 1 hour while leaving the laptop to download the first file. Set alarm clock to wake up again at around 3 am for the second file. And lastly managed to wait up again (dun noe y?) at 6 plus to off my “overworked but no OT” laptop! Juz too bad!

Anyone got a better idea to download 20MB files via ftp?

5 Comments:

At 26 May, 2005 13:15, Blogger Merv Kwok said...

jon, u need gmail man. it can take attachment sizes up to 25mb without bouncing and they give u 1gb of email space.

interested? i can send u an invitation.

oh, note the attachment limit stated above

 
At 26 May, 2005 22:27, Blogger Jon Tan said...

really, its also free right?
Send me, send me!

 
At 25 December, 2006 04:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
boot disk recovery lamborghini sv diablo disk floppy recovery Data recover format open source

 
At 23 February, 2007 18:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it zyrtec celexa anxiety Kent accomodations

 
At 02 March, 2007 11:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Mazda millenia 1999 catalytic replacement does bodybuilding stunt growth English football hooligans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home