My Life Journal

Jon Tan. Born: April 1976. Reborned: June 2004 in the mighty name "Jesus of Nazereth". Serving God wholeheartedly. Love you as much as how God loves you when He send His one and only son to the cross.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Prophecy Or Possibly

Prophesy or Possibly?

Frankly speaking, no secular words can express my gratitude and appreciation with regards to what God has done to my business and my life over the last few months! As such, I really enjoyed speaking in tongues while worshipping. However, I realized what’s the point of speaking in tongues when only God understands while no one around me can? That was when I realized how important Prophesy is to me.

For your information, I have been praying for vision for a while already. Sometimes I do experience wonderful visions. Some of these visions touched people while the rest of them I am not quite sure about, as I did not receive any affirmation. In fact it was after my Breakthrough Fasting that I experienced tremendous Spiritual Breakthrough. As I knew God is so near me, I decided to try pray for Prophesy in Words. I meant Prophesy with LIVING WORD from the bible!

I remembered how God spoke to me on 2 encounters with regards to my business after my Breakthrough Fasting Testimony:

1) On what will happen to my Lawsuit:

God spoke to me on Joshua Chapter 2 – Rahab and the Spies

It is about how two spies were saved by a prostitute named Rahab’s while in her house when King of Jericho was trying to hunt them down. They were let go to hide in the hills for 3 days before returning to Joshua.

This Prophesy actually assured me that the “pursuers” will soon go away and I would soon be delivered over the problem.

2) On having a non-Christian business partner:

This time round God spoke to me on Mathew Chapter 22 – The Parable Of the Wedding Banquet

This parable is talking about anyone would be invited to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but not all will be chosen by God.

This Prophesy spoke to me that my job is to extend my arms to anyone, leave the judgment to Him.

These were the first 2 encounters as I started out to pray for Prophesy. However it only occurred to me two Fridays ago on 10 Fed 2006 during our Sub-district meeting when Pastor Rusty was preaching to us that I saw how powerful Words of Prophesy could do. I was indeed mesmerized and deeply encouraged.

As such, I decided to pray for the Gifts of Prophesy on top of Visions, so that I could interpret Visions with the Living Words and at the same time using Words Of Truth to build people around me.

On Sunday (12 Feb 2006), as I was trying to pray for our 2 overseas friends (Sidney and Audrey), I received another Prophesy as I felt the need to pray for Spiritual Gifts in our CG so that we could reach out to our fellow friends together. Luke Chapter 9 – Jesus Sends Out the Twelve came to me. It didn’t occur to me how important this verse was until at the end of the sermon when Pastor Jeff wanted the CG to pray together, this verse “came alive” and I prophesied to the CG. It was strengthen by Mable (our sub-district leader) when she re-affirmed Andrea and Peishan over their Gifts of Healing which Pastor Rusty prophesied last Friday. Frankly speaking, Luke 9: 1-2 says it all: “When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to preach the Kingdom Of God and to heal the sick.” What other affirmation do you need from God? In fact, as we settled down over lunch, I realized that our CG has just grown to 12!!! Isn’t this Prophesy AMAZING?

Lastly on Friday (17 Feb 2006), As I was preparing to share about Worship - which is the night's theme, Joshua 11 – Northern Kings Defeated came to me. In fact I was puzzled why this chapter as it was all about how God instructed Joshua on how He wanted the Kings to be killed. It was really a very “bloody” chapter. However this time round, during the CG discussion, I realized that God is trying to tell us that in the past, worshipping God is like been obedience and showing via action God is their Lord and Savior. Unlike presently when worshipping is been reduced to merely forms of songs and praying, God wants to remind us that ACTION is the best form of “worshipping” Him. So do go out and show the world by our actions that Jesus is indeed our Lord and Saviour!!!

May God grace and mercy continue to pour out on us. Let the Living Words come alive in our lives! Amen.

1 Comments:

At 07 February, 2007 21:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home